Sunday, January 29, 2012

Scallops and Spinach

Two of my very favorite things were combined tonight into a dinner made just for me by my sweet husband!  I love scallops so much that they are definitely included in my "last meal of all time" list.  (I'm not planning on needing that list any time soon, but you know what I mean.)  He paired them with sauteed spinach and a baked sweet potato.  It was a delicious and child-free dinner.  We try our very best to sit at the table and eat as a family as many nights as we can.  There are many studies that show what a benefit that is to raising productive, honest, children, but every so often, I need to eat without them - all of the parents of a two-year-old know what I mean.  So thank you to my wonderful husband for a wonderful dinner!

Easy Skillet Scallops and Spinach 
1 lb. sea scallops
bacon - one piece for each scallop
3 tbsp. coconut oil
1 shallot, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
6 cups whole spinach leaves
sea salt and black pepper to taste
lemon wedges


Fry the bacon until almost done, but still somewhat pliable.
In a large skillet, add 2 tbsp. of the coconut oil, along with the shallot and garlic, and saute for 2 minutes.
Add the spinach and cook until wilted.
Remove the spinach mixture from the pan, add the remaining coconut oil, season the scallops with salt and pepper, (we patted them dry first) and wrap with a piece of bacon, secured with a toothpick.  Cook the scallops over medium-high heat for 2 minutes on each side.
Serve immediately over the spinach with lemon wedges.


(taken from Everyday Paleo, by Sarah Fragoso)

No comments:

Post a Comment