Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Honey Rosemary Roasted Vegetables

One of my very favorite smells is the smell of warmed rosemary.  My rosemary plant in the backyard is huge and outgrew its pot faster than I could replant it.  It has rooted into the railroad tie it was sitting on and so I've been forced to just leave it where it is.  This recipe calls for just a little rosemary, but the way it makes my house smell when it hits the warm vegetables makes it so worth it to make this dish.  And, there's something rewarding about going into the backyard to gather an ingredient.  The dressing for this dish is one I got from Southern Living and when paired with this combination of vegetables, it's delicious!
My Rosemary Plant


Honey Rosemary Roasted Vegetables


1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
1 fennel bulb, tops cut off and sliced
1/2 purple onion, sliced
4 carrots, peeled and sliced 
3 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced in half
olive oil
Kosher salt
fresh ground black pepper 
Italian seasoning


Dressing
1 tbsp. olive oil
1/4 cup honey
2 tbsp. fresh rosemary
2 cloves of garlic, chopped fine
Kosher salt


Preheat the oven to 425F.  Place vegetables in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil.  Add a generous amount of salt and ground black pepper.  Toss together.  Then, put vegetables on a baking sheet sprayed with non stick spray.  Roast in the oven for 45 minutes or until tender and cooked through well.


While the vegetables are cooking, whisk 1 tbsp. olive oil, 1/4 cup honey, 2 tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary, 2 cloves of garlic (chopped fine), and 1 tsp. coarse ground Kosher salt.   (salt to taste - I rarely measure salt.  I usually just get a good pinch from my salt dish on the counter so my measurement may be off.)



As soon as vegetables come out and while they are still warm, drizzle the dressing over the top and gently toss to coat. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow that looks just fabulous. I can eat that and look forward to trying this one. YUMMY

    ReplyDelete