Thursday, June 16, 2011

Potato Salad

Potato salad is one of those things that is universal.  Everybody has some form of it no matter where you go and most people think their version is the best.  Personally, I love just about anything with potatoes in it and my very favorite potato salad is one that comes from a family friend.  I have no idea where she got the recipe, but once I had it as a kid I've never loved another potato salad like I love this one.  I made it this week to go along side grilled chicken sandwiches.  It made for an easy summer dinner that was quick and tasty.

Ranch Potato Salad:

1 lb. baby red potatoes
6 slices bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
1/2 bunch green onions, chopped
Ranch Dressing
       (I like Marzetti's Simply Dressed Ranch...usually in the produce refrigerated section.)
salt to taste

Clean and halve potatoes.  (I like to leave the skins on.)  Cover them with water in a large pot and boil until tender, then drain.  Mix approximately 1/2 cup of Ranch Dressing with green onions and bacon in the bottom of a mixing bowl, pour hot potatoes over dressing and mix gently so as not to break up the potatoes too much.  Add salt to taste.  You can serve it warm, but I like it cold and it tastes even better the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment